Free Money for Local Students; February 28 Deadline

The Assist-A-Grad Scholarship Foundation has recently released its Scholarship Guide and Student Application for 2019 graduating seniors in the Fairfield-Suisun-Travis education community. Since 1968, the Assist-A-Grad Scholarship Foundation has awarded over 5,700 scholarships totaling more than $3.5 million.

Students attending Armijo, Fairfield, Rodriguez, and Vanden High Schools, Public Safety Academy (PSA), the Matt Garcia College & Career Academy, Sem Yeto, the Travis Education Center, and other Solano County high schools are eligible to apply.

Students attending high schools in the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD) can obtain copies of the application from the office of their College and Career Technician. For Armijo students, that means Ms. Sandy Anderson who can be found in the library. Students can also find the application and more information at http://assist-a-grad.org.

Scholarships are available from 85 local sponsors, with eligibility based on community involvement, personal background, grade point average, and gender.

Students must prepare to answer written prompts such as, “How do you plan to use the education you obtain in your career goals?” and interview with scholarship sponsors. All applications for Armijo students must be submitted to Ms. Anderson no later than February 28. Application materials and frequently answered questions can be found at assist-a-grad.org.

Interviews will be conducted during Monday, April 1, through Thursday, April 4, at Armijo High School in the evening. Students will receive their scholarships at the Assist-A-Grad Scholarship Awards Ceremony on Monday, May 6, at 7 p.m. in the Fairfield Community Center Willow Room.