8th graders get Inspired

Back to Article
Back to Article

8th graders get Inspired

FSUSD 8th graders learn things that can benefit their future at Inspire Dreams event.

Christa DeLaTorre, Staff writer

On October 8, eighth graders in the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD) were welcomed to the Kroc Center for a day of hands-on career exploration through the Inspire Dreams Start Now event. About 1500 students attended for the day, which ran from 8 AM to 3 PM. Thirty-six different vendors were represented. 

This event featured representation from FSUSD and the Fairfield and Suisun City Chambers of Commerce. The teens students spent a few hours visiting different exhibit tables at the event. 

The purpose of this event is to help the middle-schoolers choose their high school path, and eventually their career paths. All of the tables were set up with different things that visitors might want to do In high school and careers to consider after high school and college. 

At the event last year’s event, there was a helicopter in the field and guests were able to take pictures with the people that were flying it