May 2018: Sibling Spotlight | Brothers Who Love Baseball

Ryan Dix.

Together, Ahren (pictured) and his brother make a great team.

The one thing that Ryan Dosanjh has at Armijo that most people don’t is the help of his older brother. Ryan is a freshman and his brother Ahren is a junior.

Since they’re in different grades, the two brothers don’t see each other very often but Ahren tries his best to guide his brother through the challenges of high school as well as help him with his school work. Ahren has showed Ryan the meaning of high school and what to expect from it.

Just because they don’t share classes or teachers or friends doesn’t mean that they don’t have things in common. After school hours the two play baseball together, and both are in Fall Ball, with plans to play football in August. Ahren is on the Varsity team while his little brother is on the junior varsity (JV) team.

After high school Ahren said that he would like to be a baseball player or a computer engineer while Ryan would like to be a computer programmer. Ahren likes to play video games in his free time as well as watch TV and hang out with his friends. Both boys enjoy playing and watching baseball.

Ryan dislikes going to school with his brother, because it’s easy for Ahren to witness some embarrassing moments. Ryan also dislikes how much Ahren makes fun of him. but he does like having a brother who drives him to and from school every day, and he does enjoy playing baseball with his brother.

One thing Ahren dislikes about his brother is how sarcastic he gets at times, but he knows that Ryan is both honest, and trustworthy. Ryan said that he admires how kind and encouraging his older brother is.