Editor Focus: School News and So Much More

Back to Article
Back to Article

Royce (center), pictured with with Key Club members working at Produce Pipeline at the Fairfield Farmers Market.

Royce Guo, Co-Editor-in-Chief / School News editor

For readers of the Armijo Signal, I’d like to introduce myself and thank you for your continued readership and support. This year will mark my second term as Co-Editor in Chief of the Armijo Signal and I am more grateful than ever to continue sharing stories that represent the Armijo community. In addition, I will also be editing the School News section of the Armijo Signal.

As a senior reflecting on my past years writing for the Signal, I can attest that there has been no shortage of captivating reporting at Armijo, from threats of tuberculosis to school closures due to local wildfires and, more recently, the securing of campus due to a nearby shooting incident.

That being said, Armijo’s rich community provides an incredible breadth of student experiences and subject matter to explore. In my years as a member of the editorial staff, I have always sought to write and share stories that would represent Armijo and its many unique voices.

This year, I aim to continue sharing news that inspires and drives exploration. I hold a great appreciation for the power of student journalism and it with this motivation that I hope to continue the editorial spirit of the Armijo Signal.

It is my core belief that young people have a strong responsibility to speak on issues that matter to them. Outside of Armijo, I serve as the chair of the Fairfield Youth Commission, where I work in collaboration with city staff to develop programs and events that improve the lives of local youth.

I have a deep fascination for economics and public policy. In Fairfield, I aim to represent youth interests on the City of Fairfield Measure P Advisory Board and Community Development Block Grant Advisory Board.

At Armijo, I am a student of the International Baccalaureate program and at lunch, you can find me at Armijo’s Key Club or Fairfield Moneyminds. During the spring sports season, I enjoy playing for Armijo’s Men’s Golf team.

Writing for the Armijo Signal invited me to look deeper into the rich environment that is Armijo. I hope that you will continue to read and explore the world around us through the Armijo Signal.