Senior Spotlight: Facing the Future

Dasha Wright, Staff Writer

Senior year has been different for Reigna Chan because she has become more involved at Armijo and finally realized what she wants to do with her life,. She said that she has gotten her life together and is on top of her work. Her hardest year was her sophomore year, so she’s had some practice in improving things.

Chan said that she looks up to her parents and she really wants to repay them for what they’ve done, she really wants to make them happy. She uses this goal every day to motivate herself. She said that surrounding herself with people who support her, encouarge her work, and help her get through everyday life is an important component to her success. Chan overcomes stress by trying to talk to someone about her problems. Usually after talking to someone Chan overcomes her problem and goes for it.

“It’s okay if you don’t know what you want to do in life. You have time,” said Chan. “Just enjoy your senior year, and try not to slack off, but also have time for yourself, because that’s important for not only yourself but for your future as well.”

When she graduates in June, Chan said that she is going to miss Mr. Andrew Martinez, biology teacher. “Hhe’s always there for me. He’s like one of my best friends,” she said. She’s also going to miss being on the broadcasts because she loves being an anchor.

This year, Chan served as the secretary for Key Club, and it makes her sad that her term is over. “Overall, the club changed my views on helping others, and it just has made my life much better,” she said.

About the Writer
Dasha Wright, Staff writer

I, Dasha M. Wright, was born in Vallejo on December 5, 2000. In elementary school, as soon as I learned how to read. I was extremely fascinated with books. They showed me a whole nother world. Reading books also allowed my imagination to run wild. Books were so much more entertaining to me than toys, and tv. I usually would go to the bookstore with my mother every week or whenever I finished my last book. Throughout middle school I stopped reading as much, because when I started getting older my views on things started to change. This year I’ve started reading more, because lately I’ve started to feel so inclined with technology.

I am a junior this year. My hobbies other hobbies include listening to music, photography, and writing.