College Focus: UoW

Tom Zheng, Senior Editor

Did you want to pursue a career in nursing or work in the medical field? Did you want to attend a public school? If so, the University of Washington (UoW) may be the one for you! It is one of the most well-known public universities, educating thousands of students every year through groundbreaking research and scholarships. The university promotes the idea of optimism and possibility, allowing students to accomplish things they never imagined. Even with all this freedom, Washington still manages to rank among the top universities, coming in at rank 13 in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities.

In terms of academics, the University of Washington is a great option. From aeronautics to graphic design, all the academic departments offered provide students around the world with opportunities to go beyond their status quo. In addition, UoW provides a variety of resources for students looking to fund a project or push their limitations with new research.

Another great aspect of UoW is their financial aid program. They strongly believe that students of all economic backgrounds should have the chance of experiencing a great education. As a result, regardless of campus, students have the right to grants, financial aids, and other scholarships.

Last but not least, UoW offers a variety of student housing opportunities. From traditional residence halls to newer facilities and sorority houses, people of all cultural backgrounds will have a place to feel at home. Their residence halls, staffed with an award-winning team, are the perfect spot for convenient environments to live, learn, and meet new people.

Although they excel in all categories, UoW has a strong emphasis on nursing and is widely considered one of the best nursing schools in the nation. If you are considering a future nursing career, do some research on the requirements for UoW because you may well end up going there.