Big plans require big action

Freshman Treasurer Ethan Magno

Diego Torres

Ethan is playing it safe in life and with the class’s money.

For the Class of 2026, Ethan Magno has taken the position of Class Treasurer. Magno was the Student of the Year in his last year at Dan O. Root, a K-8 school. He joined leadership because he wanted to do something that was fun but didn’t cost much money. He has big plans for his class as well as for the school.

As treasurer, his job is to help make sure that his peers are feeling welcomed and safe inside the campus. “I can make [this year] more welcoming by not being so strict and just be calm with them so they feel safe,” said Magno.

His own transition from middle school to high school has been going well, and he sees high school as “different, but good in a way where high school has been better than middle school,” he said. Magno is most excited about school events such as Homecoming, Powder Puff, and more, and as an officer he gets to have a hand in planning these events.

Being a class officer is really fun so Magno thinks he will probably run for a class officer position again next year. As a senior, he plans to run for one of the Associated Student Body (ASB). 

Leadership isn’t his only focus. Magno is also in a volleyball club that competes in tournaments during the winter. His mom and his volleyball coach both motivate him, but he also pushes himself to achieve his goals.

Those goals go beyond high school, of course. He hopes to be in the medical field in the future and dreams of attending Stanford. He is an outgoing and caring individual who also enjoys playing video games and hanging out with his friends. His favorite food is seafood and his favorite class so far is Leadership, led by advisor, Mr. Casey Towner.