She’s got big shoes to fill!

Editor focus – Maya Adimora

Maya Adimora will have to balance AP classes, extracurriculars, and two editor positions this year. Will she crack under pressure?

Hello to anyone reading! My name is Maya Adimora, and I am stoked to be writing another one of these Editor Focus articles.

So far, I have had an interesting journey writing for the Armijo Signal. In ninth grade, I was a starry-eyed staff writer who wrote a lot more articles than necessary simply for the fun of it. I continued writing about topics I was interested in as well as taking over the Beyond the Gates Editor position in my sophomore year. Somehow I did a decent enough job to be given even more responsibilities for the 2022-2023 school year. Not only will I remain the Beyond the Gates Editor, but I will also be sharing the Editor-in-Chief position with Dulce Bernal Ortiz.

Like I said in my first Editor Focus, writing has always been a huge passion of mine. Although I don’t attend Armijo High School, writing for the school newspaper has really opened doors for me. Being able to say that I hold a leadership position gave me the confidence to pursue other opportunities and expand my comfort zone. I look at all the good the previous Editor-in-Chief, Melissa Theodorus, did with the position and wonder if I could even measure up. At the very least, I would like to spread some positivity before the stress of junior year extinguishes the light in my eyes.