ASB Candidate Joshua Rusit

Intro

Hi! My name is Joshua Rusit, I’m currently a junior, and I’m running to be one of your ASB officers for the upcoming school year! I have been in the Leadership program since my freshman year and since then I have created so many new bonds and endless memories. I have fallen in love with the program and I am very thankful for all of the opportunities it has given me.  

About Me

I am 16 years of age and I have an older brother. I have been a member of Armijo’s basketball team for the last three years, and golf team for the last two. I am an avid sports enthusiast, and enjoy playing and watching many sports. In my free time I enjoy taking naps and spending time with my friends and family. I am a member of the National Honor Society, and served as treasurer this year. I have been a class officer all three years, and had the chance to be one of the mentorship/pride commissioners for Leadership this year. 

Why I want to be an ASB Officer

The Leadership program has been a major part of my high school life and since my freshman year, becoming a part of the ASB panel has been one of my biggest goals. My goal of becoming an ASB officer all started my freshman year. I was introduced to my mentor, Nathan Klassen, who at the time was ASB President. He was a very kind and friendly person who inspired me in so many ways. He helped me adjust to high school and he helped me realize that I wanted to take a bigger role in Leadership. Watching him take charge of the events and create bonds with everyone really made me want to be like him. An event that he ran that specifically inspired me was SPED basketball. Even though I was not part of his committee, seeing him plan and run this event put a smile on my face and the face of many others. Someone asked me that day if I could see myself running that event in the future and this truly helped me realize that that is something that I want to do. I want to be able to be the person leading others and putting a smile on everyone’s faces everyday. I want to leave an impact on everyone and inspire others the way that Nathan Klassen inspired me. The Leadership program has given me so many opportunities and has taught me so many things about myself that I never knew before. Without this program, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. My main goal before I graduate is to leave a positive impact on everyone and becoming an ASB officer would help me fulfill that goal.