Answers to FAQs about AHS prom

For picture information, go to https://the-armijo-signal.com/30855/news/school-news/pictures-for-prom-check-here/.

Photo by Hannah Busing on Unsplash

What do you need to know before you go to prom? Here are the answers.

UPDATE: Students with 20 single-period unexcused absences will not be able to attend prom. Disciplinary records will continue to be checked. 

If you have already purchased your ticket there will be no refunds. 

The timeframe that attendance will be checked is from April 20 through May 17.

The event is scheduled for Saturday, May 21, at the Library Galleria in Sacramento from 7 pm to 11 pm.  Tickets are currently $85 and will go up to $95 when 300 tickets have been sold!

Can students from other schools or any sophomores/freshman go to prom?

Guest bids are being accepted from all schools whether they are in the school district or not!

Sophomores can go to prom if invited by a junior or a senior (they still need a dance bid filled out).

Freshman cannot attend prom.

For guest bids and sophomore tickets, they need to bought together with the junior or senior “sponsor”

Will there be food or drinks at prom? Do I need to bring money to buy stuff?

The ticket includes small eats including sliders and nachos. Drinks are also included in the ticket price.

We suggest that students eat dinner before prom. (Check out https://the-armijo-signal.com/29699/news/school-news/prom-preview-where-to-dine/ for some suggestions. There will not be a sit down dinner, and that is not what the small eats are intended for.

Students will not need money at prom for any reason, photo booths and all other amenities are included in the ticket price.

Is there a dress code for Prom?

Prom is a formal event and you are expected to wear formal attire. Formal prom attire may be classified as a dress, tuxedo, dress suit, including a tie or bow tie, a dress shirt, which may include a vest or cummerbund, and dress shoes. Dresses may be strapless (if they fit properly) or include spaghetti straps. (Check out https://the-armijo-signal.com/29103/news/school-news/plan-ahead/ for ideas.)

What is the theme?

Invitations will be delivered and will reveal the theme for this year, while there is a prom theme it is not imperative that students will dress according to the theme.

Are there COVID Restrictions?

COVID guidelines for the venue will be delivered to students who have bought tickets at the same time as their invitation.

Do I need an ID to get in? Do you check at the door?

Yes, it is important that you have some form of ID on you so that we can identify you in order to let you into prom. There will be several chaperones who will not recognize students, so it is important for us to be able to identify you. On your dance bid, you signed approval to be searched during the times of the event at the venue. ABSOLUTELY NO drinks, mints, gum, candy, packaging whatsoever will pass through the front lobby. We will have an area towards the front of the line to dispose of all of these things if you do happen to have them.