Reflections on four years at AHS

Senior Spotlight – Yahir Gonzalez

Emily Torres Maravilla

Yahir has kept a positive attitude since freshman year.

Q: How long have you been going to Armijo? What have you been involved with on campus? What are you going to miss the most?

A: My name is Yahir Gonzales and I’ve been going to Armijo since freshman year. I’ve been involved with nothing on Campus. I’m going to miss meeting new people and the memories I’ve made for the past years.

Q: How has COVID-19 impacted you? What did it change about your perceptions of your senior year?

A: Covid has not only impacted me but other people too. People are losing their loved ones and everyone has to wear a mask everywhere they go. Nothing really changed during my senior year since I’m still able to attend school and talk to my friends.

Q: Where are you planning to go to college? What do you intend to major in? What do you plan to be when you are finished with your schooling?

A: I’m planning to go to Santa Barbara City College and major in Nursing, but if I can’t I will go to a trade school and get into the medical field so I can help people. I plan to be a nurse or doctor.

Q: Do you participate in any sports? Which ones?

A: None.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: My hobbies are drawing, listening to music, and trying anything new.

Q: What advice would you give to students just starting at Armijo?

A: Do all your work, study, and finish it all on time if you can. I know you don’t want to be missing credits and not being able to graduate.

Q: Do you have any brothers or sisters?

I have 2 brothers: Lupillo and Jesus. 2 Sisters: Pricilia and Alexia.

Q: If you could change one thing about Armijo (students, facilities, staff, etc.), what would it be and why?

A: Nothing at all. I have no problems with anything.

Q: What is your favorite memory about Armijo? What do you think you will miss the most?

A: Being able to make new friends. I will miss meeting new people because that’s what brings us together.

Q: Anything else you would like to say?

A: No matter how hard things get… just know it won’t last forever.