State University Of New York, Go Buffalo Bulls!

Davide Cantelli

Like many universities, SUNY at Buffalo has a prestigious library.

State University of New York, or SUNY, is a system of colleges and institutes of higher learning that encompasses 62 different campuses. There are nearly 425,000 students who attend classes through the system, and its headquarters located in Albany, New York.

One of the most prestigious schools in the system is the University of Buffalo, NY. According to their webpage, this school ranks #1 in the state of New York, #31 in a poll taken by U.S. News and World Report and the WSJ / THE College Rankings. It also ranks #269 out of 20,000 universities in the world by the Center for World University Rankings.

Their website, http://www.buffalo.edu/, lists several points of pride, including that it is one of the most international universities in the country and that it has over 100 festivities every year, “celebrating everything from jazz to gnomes.”

Over 20,000 undergraduates and 10,000 graduate and professional students were enrolled last fall, and there was a student:faculty ratio of 14:1.

The University at Buffalo actually has three campuses. The North Campus, or Suburban Academic Center, is technically located in Amherst. The other two campuses – the South Campus and the Downtown Campus – are both located in Buffalo.

Out-of-state students will pay almost $25,000 a year, not including fees and room and board, but students who live in New York will pay that much between tuition, fees and room and board expenses. While it is not inexpensive to attend, there are many opportunities to get financial aid to help offset the costs.

The mascot at University of Buffalo is the Bulls, and the students can participate in men’s and women’s basketball, softball, baseball, football, wrestling and even rugby.

There’s a lot to love about SUNY’s University at Buffalo. If you want to know more, visit their website at http://www.buffalo.edu/.