Wellesly College: No boys allowed!

Priscilla Du Preez

Wellsely provides a focused education for women only.

Wellesley is an all-women’s private college located in Wellesley. Massachusetts. This school was founded in the 1870s by Henry and Paulina Durants, a couple who was “passionate about the higher education of women,” according to the Wellesley website. “I think it should be optional to go to an all-women’s college, but I do know think there is anything wrong about it, said Joanna Avila

Fourteen percent of the graduates at Wellesley are the first generation in their family to graduate, and in many cases even attend, college. Eighty-six percent of the students on campus are able to graduate in four years, although some take longer.

There are nearly 2,500 students at the school, but the classes are often as small as 15 students in a room. The most popular majors at Wellesley are social sciences, biological and biomedical sciences, computer and information sciences, and foreign languages. There are more than 50 departmental and interdepartmental majors offered.

Most of the students live in one of the 21 residence halls on campus and there is always lots to do. The cost of campus events is included in the tuition and students who participate in an internship do not have to pay for their education.

Female students and those who identify as female who interested in going to a school without being distracted by their male counterparts might consider this as a viable option. They have tours that can be scheduled online or over the phone.

Wellesley has some very successful graduates, including Hillary Clinton, Madeleine Albright, and Diane Sawyer.