College Focus: Penn State, No not UPenn!

Penn State is a public school in a small college town. The school is widely known for Berkey Creamery Ice Cream, which you can order online at https://creamery.psu.edu/ and have delivered to your home in California, and for being home to one of the largest fraternity hubs in the country. But now on to the real stuff!

The graduation rate is 86% and the acceptance rate is 56%. In-state students pay about $36,500 before aid and out-of-state students pay about $51,500 before aid. The cost after aid is usually around $30k.

To even qualify for Penn State, the average GPA is 3.58 which is pretty competitive so you’ll need a mixture of A’s and B’s and very few C’s to get in. Even though In-state and out-of-state students pay a big difference, they are both equal in the scholarship process! The typical Penn State scholarship is between $1,500 to $3,000 per academic year.

Penn State is said to have amazing students and faculty and apparently that’s true because 1 out of 117 Americans with a college degree is a Penn State graduate!

Lastly, they have something called The Lion Shrine, and it is the most photographed site on the Penn State campus. The Lion Shrine was a gift from the class of 1940 and is home to many very awkward family portraits, so if Penn State is for you, be sure to stop by there!