Senior Trip Promises Fun Memories for Participants

Back to Article
Back to Article

A full day of fun for select seniors AND no more Fridays in high school? What more could you ask?

Picasa

Picasa

Picasa

Members of the Class of 2019 will have one last chance to celebrate together before graduation at the annual Senior Trip. It will be held on Friday, May 31 and, while the rest of the Armijo students will be experiencing their last Friday of the school year, those seniors participating will be headed to California’s Great America in Santa Clara.

Students were able to pick up permission slips until May 15. Once the permission slip was filled out, the seniors brought $105 in cash to the treasurer’s office. Students with the ASB Gold Card saved $5 on their tickets. After that, seniors were able to choose which bus they wanted to travel on.

The $105 price includes transportation to and from Great America, admission to the park, an All-You-Can-Drink wristband and a $15 meal voucher for the park eateries. Seniors should be aware that they are not allowed to go to the park on their own; they must be part of the approved trip to attend.

On the morning of the trip, students will line up at 8 am at their assigned buses in front of the main gym. Students must have their school ID to get on the bus. Open food and drinks will not be allowed, which means no Starbucks or Dutch Brothers, but food or drink in sealed containers is allowed.

It is expected that the buses will arrive at Great America around 10 and seniors from other local schools will be there to have fun in the park until 7 pm. The buses are expected to return to Armijo by 8:30 pm, depending on traffic conditions. This is a school trip, so behavior and attire must comply with the district and school policies.