Adriana Babchuk – Class of 2020

Grade: 10th
Years in leadership: 2

Officer Position:
Class President (10th)

Name of Activities:
Badminton (9th and 10th)

Name of Community Services:
Haunted Hike (9th)
Rolling Hills Science Fair (10th)
Napa Deli (10th)
Grad Night Crab Feed (9th and 10th)

Other important characteristics about me:
Hard working
Dedicated
Caring
Passionate

How do you plan to stay connected to the students to make sure their voices are heard?

I plan to stay connected to students in leadership and outside leadership through social media. Since the class of 2020 has a twitter we should use it more by sending out the new events coming up and send out polls so that we can get people feedback on the different event happening.

What, in your opinion, are the three most important issues facing students at Armijo High School and how will you address them?

Some issues we are facing are getting peoples feedback, advertising events, and feeling left out. The problem we face with events is not taking advice from others, not in leadership. When we plan events for the school we are so focused on what we think and not what others outside of leadership are thinking. To try and solve this problem we should send out surveys in students email. Also at lunch, we could have a table for advice where we ask students what they would like to see improve about a certain event and/or what they thought went well during an event. As for advertising events sometimes we do not show much emotion or hype up the event when trying to convince people to come. Having people advertise events with no emotion gives the students that the event is not that very important or that it is not a big deal. When advertising we should have some sort of activity that goes along with what event they want to promote because having a model lets people know what to expect and make them intrigued to go. Sometimes people feel left out and lonely. We put on events to try and make people feel included but some of the events are not for everybody. Going back to having a table a lunch to ask for people’s feedback we should also ask them what new events they would like to see.

What are your top priorities for the position you will hold?

My top priorities are making people feel included and putting other before my needs. I want to take in other people’s opinions and consider before making the final decisions especially for events like dances. Knowing what people like and dislike can help lead to better and improved events.