Rianna Garcia

ASB Officer Candidate

Rianna Garcia

Hi! My name is Rianna Garcia and I am one of your candidates to become one of your ASB officers next year! I’ve been involved in the Leadership program for three years. I’ve grown a love for being a part of Leadership. The program itself has shaped me into the person I am, as well as helped me create many of the bonds and memories I have today! Hoping to be one of your ASB officers for the 2023-24 school year, I hope to continue the journey of making your high school experience memorable.

About Me!

I am 17 years old and the eldest of two kids. I am involved in our school’s Badminton team and have been playing for two years. I’ve been a part of various clubs; Filipino Club (Treasurer in 2021-22), National Honors Society, and Skate 4 Change. During my freshman year, I was a class officer in Leadership! Aside from school, I like to spend time with my friends and family, play video games, and play Badminton. I was a part of my middle school’s Leadership program in 7th grade, but I didn’t continue my Leadership journey until my freshman year because I didn’t enjoy being in my middle school’s Leadership. However, being a part of that program made me realize how I enjoy planning events that the student body will enjoy and how I enjoy helping out the school, as well as the bonds I make along the way!

Why I am running for ASB…

Joining Leadership while on distance learning, I didn’t get to actually meet anyone until my sophomore year. I was introverted and I didn’t have the courage to break out of my shell to get to meet new people. The transition from talking to people online to actually meeting them face-to-face was scary to me overall. However, being a part of the program helped me break out of that shell!  Being in Leadership strived for me to create bonds with others and be more out there. Seeing how engaged everyone is in the program made me realize that it is okay to do something out of your comfort zone. Who helped me most was my mentor in freshman year, Florentina Martinez. Seeing the pride she had in her ASB position and the impact she had on my first year in Leadership, it inspired me to become one in the future. Even though it was distance learning, she was determined to make the best out of it. I want to create bonds with others and help shape them into a leader and break them out of their shell, just like what Florentina did for me. I didn’t know anyone in Leadership back then except for her. I would have never imagined myself running for ASB, participating in events such as BOA and Powderpuff, or even playing a sport! In hopes of being an ASB officer, I want to be able to help students break out of the shell that past ASB officers and other students have helped me break out of. Leadership has created a positive impact on me, helping me grow into the person I am today. As a potential ASB officer, I want to do the same for you!