Editor focus: One classy senior

Hello! My name is Adriana Bernal and I’m a senior here at Armijo. As part of journalism, I am the Classes and Clubs Editor for the Armijo Signal. I was first introduced to journalism my junior year by my friend Abby Vigil. I thought it would be really interesting to get to know more about different people and activities around campus. I’ve had a lot of fun writing articles and interacting with unique students from all grade levels.

At Armijo, I am involved in a few activities. I am part of the IB program, the Leadership program, and Armijo Women’s Soccer. Outside of school, I play club soccer and stay involved in my church’s youth group. Being part of these programs and activities has really shaped me and pushed me to work hard to be the best version of myself. In my free time, I love to go on hikes, visit the beach, and go out for boba drinks with my friends. I also love to spend time with my family and cousins on the weekend, having barbeques or going out to watch a movie.

Through journalism, I have definitely improved my writing skills. Sometimes it can be challenging to write a great article that helps inform students, but it always feels great when I accomplish the task and come up with the finished product. One of the best things about journalism is being able to learn more about students’ activities, passions, and lives in general. I enjoy being part of a platform for everyone to learn more about Armijo students and the campus as a whole.

I encourage all students to expand their horizons and join journalism. It’s a great environment to improve writing skills and to get to know the students that make up our awesome Armijo campus.