Elijah Shackleford – Class of 2024

About me:

I am a pre-IB Sophomore at Armijo. Coming from Grange for all of my middle school years. Born March 16th (a day before st Patricks but the luck is still there) 

My strengths

Ingenuity – as treasurer, I would often be working behind the scenes, being able to think on the go and keep everything in control, which I think is a key part of being treasurer.

Being outgoing – I naturally think of myself as a people person. I pride myself on my ability to make an attempt to make connections with people, as an ASB member I would hope to form strong bonds with many other members of leadership. 

My Values:

Creativity – creativity is an essential part of any successful group, and leadership is certainly no exception. as a part of the ASB I hope to bring out creativity in all of my fellow members

Confidence – Confidence is a shared trait across all leadership students. It took confidence to sign up for leadership, go to events, and put your best foot forward in everything you do. Confidence is a big motivator in my life and I hope to give it back if Iget elected for ASB

Credibility – In our lives it is common we make mistakes, there may be times where we don’t show the best versions of ourselves. Taking credibility for those times is a big step in moving forward and improving yourself for the future. I hope if i get elected for the ASB I hope i will be able to use these chances to improve myself and make myself a model leader.

Why treasurer?

Every member of leadership works together in harmony. I hope to become a helpful friend and ally to all members of leadership. Treasurer is one of those ways I can support my fellow leaders, being there to be reliable and do the tasks my other members may not be able to do. 

My priority:

Get 100% classwide participation

It is a sad truth that in leadership, not all members put in their full effort. This could be for a number of reasons, scheduling availability, connecting with others, or self doubt are just some of the few. As a ASB officer I hope to work with other members to overcome these hurdles and let every member be who they want themselves to be.

My goals while on the ASB

Bring more events to campus

Lunchtime events – more casual events to give students a event/opportunity to get involved at school

Sport support – the various sports at Armijo are worth celebrating, bringing that spirit to home, or even away games will be important for all of sport communities

Social media events – some students sometimes just aren’t able to make it to events. By offering a opportunity to do them online provides a new accesibility to students.

Connect the students of leadership and get 100% participation

In-leadership events – While leadership puts most of its effort outward into what it does, having some more internal events would be helpful in getting the members of leadership closer together.

Encouragement for event participation – Going to events and helping out leadership should be a positive experience for its members. But sometimes rewarding our fellow member’s for taking the time out of there day is the encouragement they need to keep doing it