Justin Lau – Class of 2024

Class Officer or Committee Head positions I have held:

Since it’s my first year in leadership I have yet to hold any position in office but I’m striving for greatness this coming first year!

Facts & About Me

I am Justin Lau. I am a sophomore at Armijo High School. I am in my first year of leadership. I haven’t been here long and I’ve grown a tremendous amount of love and passion for this class. I’m up and running through the IB program and playing for the Armijo Basketball team. It’s only the beginning of the year and I’ve gone to numerous school events. I’m there to support and bring my energy! I used to be the kid who didn’t want to be at school but now I wanna be there every single day. Now being able to be at school with friends just makes me so happy.  I’ve always wanted to make a difference in any way I can. I wanna be able to make people happy and enjoy their life at school. I’m devoted to helping create a memorable high school experience for everyone!

Skills & Characteristics

I’ve always been a hard working person and will never stop being one. I aspire for greatness and always persevere to get where I want to be. I have been able to gain leadership skills through being on a basketball team. Being on a basketball team meant that I had to step up and become a leader when nobody else would. It also meant that I learned how to be cooperative and work as a team. The thing about me was I was a very antisocial person but I’ve grown to go out into the world of the unknown and adventure into it. I’m a very versatile person meaning that I’m ready and able to adapt to different circumstances. I am an open minded person who welcomes new ideas, arguments, and information that I typically do not align with. Whether you’re against me or not- I’m willing to listen. 

Previous Issues

• Student Involvement-Going to school events – the number 1 thing immediately spot off the bat is the students being involved. The events I go to are with my friends and it is only the same people being loud and proud to be there. It is always the same people that bring their energy. There is a major lack of involvement at events. I believe that each and every student desires to have a fantastic high school experience, and I’m determined for everyone to be included in that – not just the leadership class. Being involved is an enormous part of gaining a great experience in high school. I want to be able to generate a school that gets not only students in the program of leadership but outside it too.
  • Having A Magnificent Looking School-Walking around campus – the appearance of the school isn’t so alluring or captivating. There isn’t quite much to view other than what you would typically look at a school. It seems listless and bland.  I think having a beautiful environment is something that affects the dynamic of the school environment. I believe that we can make our campus appear more lively by painting it.

All in all – fixing these issues can’t be done alone. There are still tons of more issues – this is just a couple of them. That is why I require people’s help to be able to accomplish what I want to accomplish with these issues because I know I can’t do this alone.