Her fourth year writing for The Signal

Meet the editor – Melissa Theodorus

Melissa has been contributing to the Armijo Signal since her freshman year.

ID Photo

I’m back for another editorial! If you haven’t read my previous editor spotlights, let me introduce myself.

I’m Melissa Theodorus, and sadly this will be my last spotlight since I’m finally a senior. With one year down, I’m still in the International Baccalaureate Program. As a short bio, I started writing for The Signal my freshman year. I was School News Editor as a sophomore and now back as Editor-in-Chief from last year.

It’s great that I get to continue this role and bring forth my experience to make this year even better than the last. I hope that the editorials and stories I write will inspire others. Some of the stories that I’ve written focused on inclusivity and positivity, which is my goal as Editor-in-Chief.

I started my journey with journalism during my freshman orientation when I had worries left and right. Now, as a senior, my only worry is falling into senioritis. On the other hand, reading The Signal the summer before freshman year led me to be interested in writing. I wanted to pay it forward by writing stories that anxious future freshmen might find comforting.

Although the past two years were nothing like we expected, we’re back to in-person classes, which means we can have somewhat of a normal high school experience instead of sitting behind screens all day. I love that The Signal is perfect for anyone who needs to catch school news, sports, and events on campus and around the region. You can find them all in one place, right here at The Armijo Signal.

Since we’re going back to school in person, you can catch me on the girls’ tennis team, the badminton team, Key Club, National Honors Society (NHS), Future Medical Professionals Club, and College and Career Club. I’ll also be back with another editorial soon for the September 1 theme, The Great Outdoors. Continue reading!