As ASB Treasurer, Kimmie finds herself featured in The Armijo Signal once again

Archive photo

For the last four years, Kimmie has been finding ways to serve the ASB.

Back in May 2018, Kimmie Tiss was featured for a story in The Armijo Signal, a story about her goals for the future. Two years later, those goals are almost part of her past.

Tiss serves as the Associated Student Body (ASB) Treasurer, and even in 2018 she had a vision for her future. One of her top priorities back then, when she was only a sophomore, was to serve the ASB in whatever capacity she could. “I want to try to give all Armijo students the best and happiest high school experience as possible,” she said. In her current position, she is able to do that to a greater extent than she did when she served as a class officer.

When she was interviewed as a sophomore, Tiss shared that she was open to suggestion. “I really like to hear other perspectives or feedback on a certain event or topic. I try to be as helpful as possible when people are in need of it,” she said. “I really do care when it comes to issues regarding my class or conflicts between two students that can easily be resolved.

Over the years, Tiss has been featured many times in The Armijo Signal, usually for her outstanding skills in water polo and swimming. She was MVP two years in a row and has been playing water polo for most of her life, starting with a club team in third grade. She has also participated in fundraisers for Armijo Aquatics, as well as supporting other community organizations, like Key Club, Northbay, and Native Sons.