DVD Review: Singing Its Praises

Yakira Hollis, Staff Writer

The Last Song, directed by Julie Anne Roberts and adapted from a Nicholas Spark book of the same name, hit theaters on March 31, 2010, becoming the most astounding coming-of-age movie of the year.

It begins with a gifted but rebellious teenager, Ronnie Miller (Miley Cyrus), who dreams of attending Julliard to pursue her music career. She has not seen her father since her parents divorced. Her mother decides that she and her little brother Jonah (Bobby Coleman) should spend the summer with their dad, Steve Miller (Greg Kinnear), in a southern beach town.

As Ronnie settles in town, she ends up meeting a wealthy boy, Will (Liam Hemsworth), and they slowly begin a friendship. Ronnie does not enjoy being with her dad but, through their mutual love of music and playing the piano, they end up connecting and bonding. Will also grows closer with her, and they start to fall in love, but he has a secret that could ruin their whole relationship.

Toward the end of this movie, Ronnie has grown as a person and learned the true value of family, learning about how valuable love is. I believe this movie has great features such as the setting of the movie and the whole entire plot which teaches you not to take things in life for granted. I would recommend this movie to anybody who enjoys romance and drama films you will not regret it!

About the Writer
Yakira Hollis, Staff writer

Growing up in california, moving to Texas and coming back to California wasn’t easy for a young child. Yakira Hollis grew up in a family of four. The thing she enjoyed the most was watching Hannah Montana at the age of 3 and 4. She remembers knowing and  memorizing all of the songs. Now, as a freshman at Armijo, Yakira likes to travel and take long drives, watch Netflix, shop, play video games, and read in her spare time.