June 2018: All in a Date | Two Milestones, One Date

Dasha Wright, Staff Writer

Two achievements in one!

Some people feel that one of the most important events in a person’s life is graduation from high school. Naturally, it is a once-in-a-lifetime event, a rite of passage and the beginning of a new position in life. There is, no doubt, that the high school graduation ceremony is an important part of a person’s life.

Some people feel that one of the most important events in a person’s life is their 18th birthday. Naturally, it is an age where several things become more accessible, including things that were covered in https://bit.ly/2sl5YQm.

There are two students, O’Shay LaForcarde and Denzel Manasan, who will celebrate both milestones on the same day, Friday, June 8. Not only do they share these events with each other, but they also share their individual plans. Both plan to return home after the morning graduation ceremony to celebrate with a party.

Beyond that, the plans divert. LaForcarde still has yet to figure out what he’ll be doing after high school. He said that he wants to have a break from school after he graduates before he decides what he’d like to do with his life.

Manasan, on the other hand, intends to attend Solano Community College, and eventually transfer to Sacramento State where he says he will major in business and entrepreneurship. He said that the only thing that he’s going to miss about high school is how much everything is done for students. He realizes that after he graduates that he will be on his own in the real world. But that should be expected. He will, after all, be an adult.

About the Writer
Dasha Wright, Staff writer

I, Dasha M. Wright, was born in Vallejo on December 5, 2000. In elementary school, as soon as I learned how to read. I was extremely fascinated with books. They showed me a whole nother world. Reading books also allowed my imagination to run wild. Books were so much more entertaining to me than toys, and tv. I usually would go to the bookstore with my mother every week or whenever I finished my last book. Throughout middle school I stopped reading as much, because when I started getting older my views on things started to change. This year I’ve started reading more, because lately I’ve started to feel so inclined with technology.

I am a junior this year. My hobbies other hobbies include listening to music, photography, and writing.