Editor Focus: Abby Vigil (Senior News Editor, Future School News Editor)

Hello! My name is Abby Vigil, a senior at Armijo High School. I am the Senior News Editor, soon to be the School News Editor for the Armijo Signal.

I joined Journalism a few months into freshman year because of my friend, Alejandro Vera, who was already in the club. I was intrigued about it because I had always wanted to become a journalist. Journalism has helped me with writing in general, and especially in the earlier years, increasing my vocabulary. It also helped me with responsibility and holding myself accountable to more than just school work.

My hobbies consist of: running, being with people that I love, writing, reading, and cuddling with my dog. During my high school years, I ran cross-country and track, and was a part of Leadership, which took up a big part of my recent years. I loved being a part of such creative and hardworking programs that always helped to put me in a good mood. I’m in the IB program, aspiring to get the IB diploma, which shaped me a lot as a person as well.

I am pleasantly surprised with how much journalism has helped me with learning about more things on campus and even getting involved. There are so many interesting and diverse articles to write about that have broadened my horizons. I encourage anyone to get involved more around campus before the high school years are over. I recommend journalism because there really is a place for everyone to grow and write.

Those who are interested can contact any of the staff members or drop by G-10 to talk directly to Ms. Herring, the journalism adviser.