Dance the night away on April 6

New Date: April 6 – 6 to 9 pm

Spotify

Turn up the volume and get up on your feet.

Armijo will be hosting its second annual Banda Night on Thursday, April 6. This is the one night of the year where the school celebrates Banda music with dancing, games and fun.

Banda is a genre of regional Mexican music and featuring an ensemble in which wind (mostly brass) and percussion instruments are highlighted. At Armijo’s Banda Night, the festivities are expected to include a photo booth as well as games, and definitely lots of dancing. Desas3 and Codigo 04 are both excited to join us!

Last year around 350 students showed up for the event. “We heard Fairfield had one and it was successful, so we wanted to offer our students the same opportunity,” said Mr. Casey Towner, the leadership advisor who’s mostly in charge of this event.

Banda Night will take place on the outside basketball courts from 6 to 9 pm, weather permitting. On the day of the event there will be live music, food, drinks, and other activities to enjoy during the duration of the event.

Tickets can be purchase at the Treasurer’s office for $5, or $10 at the door on the day of the event. High school students within the district are very welcome to attend, but IDs will be checked at the door and there is a strict “No ID, no entrance” policy.