A trio who shares many memories together

Sibling Spotlight (Brayan, Metzli & Monserrat Bobadilla)

While it is common enough for students to have a brother or sister on campus, it is not as common for students to have two familiar faces at Armijo at the same time. The Bobadilla Ortega trio is a group that has that experience.

Brayan is something of a role model for his two younger sisters. (ID Photo)

Brayan Bobadilla Ortega is a senior and was born in Vacaville on February 15, 2005, and is familiar with his family calling him nicknames like Izzy, and Piras. “They used to call me McQueen a long time ago,” he said.

The family has done a lot together, but one of Brayan’s favorite memories is when they would go to LA and go to visit the beach. He also likes that he and his sisters play little pranks on each other which is always really funny.

Metztli, who is a junior, said that one of her favorite memories with her siblings was going to the snow. The youngest Bobadilla at Armijo, Montserrat, a freshman, said that one of her favorite family members is play-fighting with them.

He said that his parents are rather strict, from a scale of 1-10 his parents are like a 6. Monserrat said that they are simply like most parents who yell a lot.

The middle is a very good place for Metztli. (Ronald Salas Solomon)

Their family is Catholic, and they celebrate several annual Mexican traditions. Montserrat’s favorite is Cinco de Mayo. Metztli’s favorite holiday is Dia de Los Reyes, also known as Three Kings Day, which is celebrated on January 6.

One of the most reckless things Brayan has done was jump off railings with a skateboard, although he doesn’t skate anymore. Montserrat said that she has never done anything reckless because she’s always been “a good girl,” although Metztli did say that they once went to the beach together at night, which is something they’d never done before.

Someday Montserrat won’t have to share the campus. (ID Photo)

If he could be any animal in the world, Brayan said he would be a lion, “because they’re alphas and basically leaders,” he said. Montserrat, on the other hand, said that she would be a tiger because they have always been her spirit animal.

While her older siblings chose wildcats at their animal of choice, Metztli said that, if she could be any animal in the world, it would be a bird because there free.