Continue being a Royal at HIU

College Focus: Hope International University

Do you love being a Royal? Are you in the search for a religious university in California? Then this might be the place for you!

Hope International University is a private Christian university located in Fullerton, California, a school that also hosts a Royals mascot. Hope International was founded in 1928 under the name Pacific Bible Seminary, but later changed to Pacific Christian University, and remained so until 1997 when it adopted the name by which we know it today. The campus also sits adjacent to the California State University, Fullerton and shares some of their programs. If you would like more information, visit: www.hiu.edu/

Hope International University consists of five separate colleges in which various programs are offered: Pacific Christian College of Ministry & Biblical Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Psychology and Counseling, College of Education, and College of Business and Management. Education here is given with a focus on leadership and service throughout undergraduate and graduate programs in different areas of study such as business, education, ministry, psychology, human development, music, and other social sciences. To be more specific, for undergraduate students, a Bachelor of Arts is offered in diverse areas such as Biblical studies, business and management, church ministry, criminal justice, English literature, psychology, worship arts, and more. Minors are also offered in similar areas of study.

According to US News, the acceptance rate for Hope International is around 40%, which is somewhat selective. The admissions officials consider a student’s GPA a very important academic factor, as well as high school rank and letters of recommendation. The application deadline is rolling, with an application fee of $50.

Tuition at Hope is around $35,700, which is a smidge cheaper compared to the national average cost which is $41,500. This cost includes both tuition and fees, also known as the sticker price, however it is critical that you keep in mind the additional cost of room and board, books and supplies, technology resources, student centers, transportation and personal expenses. But don’t feel overwhelmed! Financial aid is available for students, which can come in the form of student grants, loans, and scholarships. You can fill out the FAFSA form, which opens every October 1, and is recommended by many experts, as every year, thousands of dollars are being unclaimed by students. But make sure to fill it out as soon as possible, as it is first come, first serve!