Once a Royal, always a Royal

Senior Spotlight- Mia Oliveros

Mia has her dreams to look forward to.

ID photo

Mia has her dreams to look forward to.

Mia Oliveros is a thriving student who has attended Armijo High School since her freshman year. Her favorite school subject is history and her favorite thing about Armijo is the library. She said that, when she leaves these things behind in June, she will most miss her favorite teachers and, although she won’t be an Armijo student anymore, she will always be an Armijo Royal.

Oliveros wants to make the most of her senior year and is looking forward to the activities put on by Leadership, specifically Senior Sunrise and Senior Sunset. Like her classmates, COVID made things challenging for her during her high school experience and she doesn’t want to miss out on the opportunities that are present this year. “Sophomore year I was unable to socialize with any classmates in person, and my junior year everyone was mostly to themselves,” she said.

In her free time, she enjoys reading and hanging out with her boyfriend and her friends. She also enjoys listening to music, especially by her favorite artists, Frank Ocean, SZA , J. Cole and Mac Miller. Despite the pandemic, Oliveros got to travel to both Alaska and Seattle over the last couple of years.

She’ll be able to take the memories of those adventures with her when she graduates and pursues a career. Instead of going to college, Oliveros plans to enroll in real estate courses, but that wasn’t always what she wanted to do. “When I was younger I wanted to be a doctor and lawyer at the same time,” she said.

Oliveros said that, a decade from now, she is working hard in California with a good source of income.