Party at the game gets bigger, better

New Date: Friday, October 14

Armijo High School students, staff and alumni will finally be able to share their support of the Royals on the football field with a tailgate party, which was originally scheduled for Friday, September 9. Because of the excessive heat alert in September, the event was moved to coincide with the Rodriguez game on Friday, October 14. Food trucks will be available at this game, thanks to the Associated Student Body Vice President Kaitlyn Edejer and the committee that put together the A-team event.

In addition to the food trucks, there will be games to participate in before the football game itself. “What I like most {about this event} is that we get the biggest A-team section and the biggest student section and it gets pretty rowdy and live and it’s just a bunch of good energy,” said Mr. Towner. “The tailgate brings a bigger crowd to the football game.” A DJ will also be there to enhance the list of events.

All participants are encouraged to wear Armijo colors, purple and gold, and Mr. Towner encourages students to get Gold Cards so they can come into games and other events for free. “I think our Armijo football team is going to have a good season this year and with this crowd to come to support, they will have an even better year!” said Leadership adviser Mr. Casey Towner.