FSUSD Recognized for Pivotal Practice

fsusd.org

Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District is home to 30 school sites, serving over 21,000 in the Fairfield and Suisun communities.

Fairfield, CA – The Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District has been named a California Pivotal Practice Award recipient for its work to support students’ social-emotional health during the 2020-2021 school year.

The California Department of Education recognized schools and districts for implementing a pivotal practice during the 2020–21 school year when California required schools to offer distance learning due to the Coronavirus Disease pandemic. Fairfield-Suisun was the sole District awardee from Solano County. The District was recognized for implementing high-quality extracurricular activities during the pandemic learning year, aiming to give students an opportunity to interact.

Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District Assistant Superintendent, Dr. Sheila McCabe remarked on the work of staff members and on the importance of the work during a very challenging period for schools and students. She said, “I could not be more proud of the FSUSD staff members who went above and beyond to develop and implement the highly engaging extra-curricular activities while the District was in distance learning. The classes provided students with much needed social interaction. Through this pivotal practice, FSUSD was able to creatively serve the needs of the community when almost all other activities had come to a standstill.”