Step out of your comfort zone in another country!

This college brings a cultural experience to people raised in the United States.

Would you like to attend college outside of the United States? Especially a prestigious one, maybe in Mexico? Then, this is the place for you.

The Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, also known by its original name, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), is a coeducational and non-profit private university based in Monterrey, Mexico, founded in 1943 by Eugenio Garza Sada. It is one of 45 universities in the world that is ranked with five QS Stars, a ranking system that identifies the top universities worldwide, and ITESM is widely recognized as one of the most prestigious universities in Latin America.

It has grown to include more than 35 campuses across the country. Most of these campuses offer graduate and undergraduate education, as well as continuous education, and a feature called PrepaTec. All of this information can be found in more detail here: http://tec.mx/es.

As of 2010, nearly 60 undergraduate degrees were offered, of which 37 of those are taught in English. There were also 33 master’s degree programs and 11 doctorate degrees available. The different schools within the campus include the School of Engineering and Sciences, School of Government and Public Transformation, School of Humanities and Education, a Business School, the School of Medicine and Health Sciences, and Egade Business School. A wide range of programs are offered in these schools, and students can earn PhDs in Engineering Sciences, Master’s degrees in Law, PhDs in Humanistic Studies, specializations in Anesthesiology, and more. Something important to keep in mind if you are considering going here is that classes aren’t just in-person, but they can be taken online, or in a hybrid model.

Tuition at ITESM will greatly depend on what you will study, however there are a variety of scholarship programs that can help students in financial need. One thing for sure is that the applicants will be evaluated based on their previous academic performance. The Institute requires every applicant to achieve a minimum passing score on the SAT (900 out of 1600), an academic aptitude test. Something to keep in mind as well is that each campus can ask for additional requirements, such as an average grade of at least 3.0 in high school, if you are transferring or applying to the Monterrey Institute.

Don’t be intimidated by the fact that this college/university is in another country, with a completely different culture. Look on the bright side. You’ll be able to meet new people, discover new places, and gain more knowledge all together. Who knows? Maybe it’s the perfect fit for you.