Megan represents this trio of sisters

Sibling spotlight – The Irwin sisters

Speaking out, Megan shares one perspective of family.

ID Photo

Megan and Morgan Irwin have been going to high school with their younger sister Madison since Madison started attending in August 2019, but since the pandemic struck in March 2020, they haven’t spent much of that time together on the Armijo campus.

“I think the best thing about having my sisters on campus is that I can always have someone there with me,” said Megan. “I’m fine on my own, but it’s reassuring to know that they’re here with me.”

Megan and Morgan are both graduating this year and, since they are twins, they have always been together at the same schools: Lincoln Elementary, K.I. Jones, Fairview, Public Safety Academy, Crystal Middle, and finally Armijo High. Madison has always just been a couple of years behind, so she has often been on the campuses without their company while they discover new ground.

“Although, we have spent our whole lives attending the same schools I think that we will attend different colleges,” said Megan. “After graduation, I would like to explore my options and learn more about what I am passionate about… Wrestling and jiu jitsu are my main interests, but I am mostly passionate about helping people. I feel that I do not care about what exactly it is I am doing in the future, just as long as I am helping others.”

Madison and Morgan have different interests, which help define them and set them apart in their family, although the three girls did write for the Armijo Signal in the 2019-2020 school year.

For Megan, COVID-19 has had a negative impact on her last year in high school. “It is much easier for me to procrastinate now,” she said. “At home I am not as motivated and I am way too relaxed.” 

While Morgan and Madison did not respond to repeated requests for an interview, Megan still believes that they would have something to say about her. “I think that my siblings would say that I am a nice person and that I’m on the wrestling team,” she said. “I think this, because they find it most easy to describe me by stating my hobbies and my personality.”

And she has positive things to day about them, too. “They’re pretty cool,” she said. “Not going to lie.”