Ghosts on a CSU campus?!

Gabriel

Ghost Boy on the railroad.

California State University (CSU) has campuses all over the state, but there is one school that has a particular reason to stand out. The Channel Islands campus, which is located in Camarillo, started out as a mental hospital in the middle of the last century and it is rumored to be haunted. According to legend, some of the patients underwent electric shock treatment and other abusive processes and people have reported hearing sounds that are definitely not the type of noises usually heard on college campuses. People have taken pictures of abandoned buildings nearby and have seen faces staring back at them through the windows in the images. Items have disappeared from one location and reappeared in another. There are several stories, some of which can be found here: Ghost stories

Other than the haunting, CSU-CI is just a regular division of the CSU system. Potential students are expected to have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better. While SAT scores aren’t required in the near future, a GPA of 3.61 or higher can help increase an applicant’s position.

This particular campus is popular, especially among commuters, because it is the only four-year public university in Ventura County. According to the website, it “is known for its interdisciplinary, multicultural and international perspectives, and its emphasis on experiential and service learning” (CalState.edu).

The school offers over 50 areas of study and the majority of students benefit from financial aid. It has an 84% admission rate and many of those admitted are the first in their family to attend college. Perspective students who believe they can handle the history of the school and want to attend this Southern California campus can enjoy a virtual tour at https://www.csuci.edu/.