Work Ready Program Ahead

Armijo students and Mrs. Anderson poses for a picture that at the Work Ready Celebration.

On May 22 , 2019, at the Sunrise Event Center in Vacaville, the Solano County Office of Education (SCOE) recognized students who completed the Work- Ready Certification (WRC) program during the 2018-2019 school year. Armijo High School along with other high schools in the FSUSD offer the WRC program as an after-school extended training designed to help high school students develop essential workplace skills.

The three week program includes workshop on demonstrating promptness, integrity, and working well as part of the team. Strong communication skills, accuracy, ability to use basic math, and customer service are also emphasized.

The Work-Ready Certification program successfully prepares students for that important transition between school and employment while also supporting the needs of our local business community. Mrs Anderson, the Armijo Work Ready facilitator had 30 students complete the program and receive certificates for the 2108-2019 school year. Student’s receive a portfolio that includes a resume, cover letter, letters of recommendations, reference page and a sample application. Ninety-percent of the students find jobs through this program and many employers hire on the spot after discovering students are Work Ready!