Sharing a campus is familliar territory

Sibling Spotlight – Oliver & Janelle Villanueva Gutierrez

Oliver (Mariana Lopez Almanza )

For Oliver Villanueva Gutierrez, sharing the campus with his older sister Janelle is a good thing.

Janelle (Kayden Tatham)

“She can tell me how the school is, and help me with directions,” he said.

Janelle likes sharing the campus with him for other reasons. “The best thing is that in case I have to walk home, I won’t be walking alone,” she said. “The worst thing about my brother being here is that he tends to make me a bit late in the mornings.”

The two have been sharing campuses off and on for a while, starting before they both attended Crescent Elementary and moving on to Crystal Middle School. Armijo may be the last time, though, as neither of them knows where college will take them. Janell just knows that she wants to end up doing something art-related.

“I typically draw for fun or watch my favorite shows or movies,” said Janell. Oliver, on the other hand, likes to play video games “like Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, Angry birds, Plants vs Zombies, Mario, and other things,” he said. .

Neither of them is involved in any clubs or sports on campus, but they manage to stay busy without them.

At home, they have an 11-year-old sister named Rachel. “I have no idea what [my siblings would] say about me,” said Janelle. “Maybe call me a weirdo.” She has no problem with that name. “My siblings are also weird,” she said.