Want to learn about different cultures? Try the International Club!

Alexas_Fotos from pixabay

Culture brought together from around the world.

Ms. Walling-Sisi has been in charge of The International Club for several years, and it has always been a club where students are welcome. It is not limited to students who are from other countries, but includes those who are interested in learning about different cultures, expressing themselves, and learning about new things.

¨The students in the International Club perceive their own multicultural and ethnic backgrounds as valuable and worthy of sharing with their classmates, teachers, and community,” said Ms. Walling-Sisi. “The club is open to anyone who is interested in sharing and learning about different cultures, languages and lifestyles.”

Among other goals, the members of the club hope to increase awareness of the value of bilingualism, and even multilingualism. Speaking and understanding many languages can help people understand each other and other cultures.

“Through social and educational activities, the club would like to bring together people of many backgrounds and to support each other in our social, educational and vocational pursuits,” Ms. Walling-Sisi said.

While the club strives to raise the consciousness of our student body of the value of multiculturalism, it also hopes to increase awareness within the diverse languages and ethnic groups on campus.