Senior spotlight – One step at a time

Chyenne Wilson

Chyenne plans to make lots of memories in her last year of high school.

College won’t start for a year and Chyenne Wilson is in no hurry to make any hard and fast decisions about her future. “I don’t know where I want to go to college yet and I don’t know what I want to major in,” she said. “I’m not sure what I want to do with the rest of my life. I’ll figure it out with time.” Like all seniors, she does have time to make those decisions and there are a lot of options.

Wilson started attending Armijo as a freshman and has definitely enjoyed the social aspect of the campus. “I feel like, once I graduate, I won’t be as social as I am now,” she said. “The thing I will miss most will definitely be having something to do all day.” Some of the things she likes to do for fun are reading, “mostly horror and fiction,” and drawing. “I may not be very good but I love it,” said Wilson. She is also in choir and loves to sing.

Sports are not as much of an interest to Wilson, although she did spend her junior year as a member of Armijo’s Water Polo team.

“All the little memories I have with {my friends} will last me a lifetime. I will definitely miss everyone I’ve come to know,” she said. She would encourage other students to be creating those memories, too. “Enjoy the years you have here and try to make the best out of any situation you may be in. High school is going to be over before you know it and, once it’s over, you’re going to want to look back at your time here and be proud of what you’ve done.”

Although she has been enjoying the social aspect of her last year in high school, not everything is how she would want it to be. “The one thing I would change about Armijo would be being able to leave campus for lunch. The reason… is because the school lunch isn’t very good. Either that or I’d change the menu for school lunches,” Wilson said.