Involvement is easy, enjoyment is the result

While there are challenges to getting involved in a pandemic, it is still possible to make this year worth celebrating.

This story first ran August 15, 2018

While students generally come to school to get an education, it is much more rewarding to get involved on campus. There are several ways to get create memories through committing to clubs, activities, sports and more.

Armijo High School offers over 25 clubs and 16 sports, with something to meet almost every interest. For those who do not see an opportunity currently available, creating a new club is not difficult. It starts with finding an adviser and putting together the paperwork with the treasurer.

Clubs and sports are great ways to make college applications look great and also to meet new people, make connections and create lasting memories. On Friday, September 14, many of those clubs will be presenting at the annual Club Fair.

Those who visit the activity might discover amazing clubs like Academic Decathlon, International Club, Armijo Math Club, Art Club, Black Student Union, Journalism, Club 180, NHS, Dance Club, DECA, do something club, Drama Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Key Club, National Honor Society (NHS), College & Career Club and many more.

Armijo also offers a variety of sports for people to participate in and make Armijo proud #Armijopride. To be eligible for sports, all athletes must be cleared online. Please go to AthleticClearance.com to create an account and complete the athletic paperwork. Sports are offered throughout the year and students who maintain the appropriate grade point average can try-out throughout the year.

Some of the sports at Armijo include football, water polo, cross country, girls tennis, girls’ golf, and girls volleyball in the fall; basketball wrestling, girls’ and boys’ soccer in winter; and boys’ baseball, girls’ softball, track, girls’ badminton, boys’ golf, boys tennis, swimming.

Whether students are looking for activities to improve their college applications or trying to develop leadership skills to prepare for job opportunities, joining clubs and sports and attending activities on campus help to develop memories and make the high school experience far more enjoyable in the present.

Reprint from August 2018