Officer Mack named Fairfield’s Police Officer of the Year

Officer Mack named Fairfields Police Officer of the Year

On March 1, Armijo’s Student Resource Officer (SRO) Officer Jerroid Mack received the Police Officer of the Year award from the Fairfield Police Department at the annual Employee Recognition Reception held at Willow Hall.

At Armijo High School, Officer Mack’s main priority as SRO is the safety of Armijo’s staff, campus, and students. “I am a resource for students, parents, and staff, with things that the police can provide,” said Officer Mack.

Officer Mack said that he was surprised when he received news that he had been chosen for the award. “I was shocked, I had no idea that I was in the running,” he said. “I was honored, and still in awe. It’s like wow — I just come to work!”

Working as an SRO has taught Officer Mack about the ability to change students’ lives for the better. “Working with students in this capacity, you have the ability to make a change in someone’s life,” he said. “Kids are young, impressionable, learning, and it is a time where they are able to make a change.”

Officer Mack’s down to earth nature allows him to connect with a variety of students. “I just like to meet people and bridge. I want to show people that police isn’t what is shown on TV,” he said. “I’m a human being, so just come to talk to me, and I’m here for everyone.”

Officer Mack has been a part of Armijo for the past two years and his nomination for the award was made by Lieutenant Marshall and a reviewing committee.

Mack leaves readers with a simple message: “Just do what you can, when you can. That’s what I do. Treat people how you want to be treated. Whenever I can help, I help, and of course– be polite and courteous.”

Click here to see CBS News coverage on Officer Mack:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/03/21/fairfield-police-officer-of-the-year/