Spirit Week focuses on heroes with dress-up days, game, dance

Armijo will be flooded with heroic people during Homecoming Week in mid-October.

“It takes more than a month to plan a dance like homecoming,” said Freshman President Alyza Thornson. This year, that planning was done before the start of October and students were already preparing for the week of festivities.

In addition to the Homecoming football game against Will C. Wood on Friday, October 13, there will be a week full of fun activities and dress-up days. The theme for the week is Super Heroes and it starts on Tuesday, October 10 with a dress-up day honoring Batman, or The Dark Knight. Students are encouraged to dress up in their darkest clothing for a “black out” of epic proportions.

On Wednesday, October 14, the theme for the day is Everyday Heroes. Dress up ideas include doctors, firemen and teachers, whoever a student (or staff member) admires and looks up to.

This is followed by Thursday’s theme of Internet Heroes and dressing up as a favorite meme will certainly bring some creative challenges to the way the school looks.

Friday, October 13, is game day and the Armijo Indians are hoping that it will be a lucky day for them. The dress up theme is Agents of Armijo, and the school should be full of purple and gold with lots of spirit.

After the junior varsity game, the classes will be showing off their annual Homecoming skits. The themes for the skits include The Avengers (12th grade), Batman (11th grade), and Guardians of the Galaxy (10th grade). The freshman class will bring the Power Rangers to life in their skit. At half-time of the varsity game, there will be an announcement of the Homecoming Court.

The theme for the dance the following evening, October 14, is also Superheroes. The dance will be from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm in the gym. Tickets are $15 but for students with an ASB Gold Card they are only $10. Tuesday, October 10 is the last day to buy a ticket for student who is not from Armijo and dance bids are available in AG-5 or the Treasurer’s Office. No tickets will be sold at the door and all students must have an ID to be admitted.