October 2017: Staff Feature | Officer Who?

“Who is Officer Mack?” some students may ask. This influential officer has an important role at Armijo.

Officer Jerriod Mack is a School Resource Officer (SRO) and has been working at Armijo in that position for a year and a half.  He provides the school with” safety of students, staff, parents,” he said. “I’m a resource for parents and students,  I also interact with kids around campus and I like to show students that their not all the same.”

For the last four and a half years, Officer Mack has been working as an officer. He didn’t specifically choose to work at Armijo, but when the assignment opened up, he applied and Armijo was available.

Officer Mack walks or rides around campus and allows other students to ride along with him to his destination. He loves the fact that “Armijo is big and diverse for a high school”, he said. “I wouldn’t change much about Armijo high school. I like the fact that they require students to wear IDs. I wish all students were on board with the idea. It makes it easier and faster to identify students.”

Officer Mack is usually occupied with work in his office or roaming around campus and observing the behavior of students. He is always willing to lend a helping hand or give advice. When he isn’t working with students at Armijo, he spends his free time “enjoying family time and working on cars or watching sports,” he said.

“Keep doing you, never stop learning, shoot for the stars because, once you stop learning, your mind tends to turn the other way,” said Officer Mack.