Powder Puff Builds Teamwork

Powderpuff Builds Teamwork

Abby Vigil

This year’s annual Powderpuff game was hosted in May this year, compared to occurring in December in the previous years. The only change wasn’t the date, but this year powderpuff has changed from having a theme to colors. Each grade level will have a color for that year, from now on: Freshmen have yellow, Sophomores have white, Juniors have purple, and Seniors have black.

This year had an amazing turn out of 217 students that participated as football players, cheerleaders, or football/cheer coaches.

The JV game started at roughly 4 pm, and the sophomores and freshmen battled it out, but experience came as a strength in the match, with the sophomores winning by a touchdown 22-14. Nimi Amatoru (10) had the winning pull of the flag that helped the sophomores win the game.

The Varsity game started at approximately 6 pm. The Seniors pulled out the win against the Juniors, holding their undefeated Powderpuff record. The Seniors won by a touchdown with their star player, Rachel Anderson (12).

Winner or loser, everyone had a fun time. Powderpuff was a great experience for many young boys and girls. Come back next year in May for the chance to participate in Powderpuff, or just to have a good game of flag football to watch.