You can be a voice for the animals

Deadline: May 21 Award: Up to $500

You can be a voice for the animals

A Voice for Animals Contest

While we can all agree that animals in all parts of the world deserve our attention and our help, sometimes there are animals in our own backyards who we may take for granted. This year entrants are invited to submit an essay (all age groups), essay with photos (16-18 only), or video (16-18 only) that highlights a local issue. Some examples of this could be: efforts to protect endangered species in your state or region, construction in your hometown that may impact animal habitat, or human-wildlife interactions that have become worrisome. These are just some suggestions – you may know of a different problem in your area that needs to be addressed. Choose a specific issue to focus on and explain how the problem came about. Remember that the judges will also be looking for you to include solutions to these problems, and when possible, how you are taking action or raising awareness in your community on behalf of animals.

The contest is supported by a partnership between the Animal Welfare Institute and the Humane Education Network with additional support from the Palo Alto Humane Society.

The 33rd Annual Contest is now Open!

Please read the Official Rules and Advice for Participants before preparing your submission! Submit your entry online using this form.

The A Voice for Animals contest is now open. The competition has sections for 14-15 year old students and sections for 16-18 year old students.

The contest is also open to ESL (English as a Second Language) students.

We accept submissions from countries worldwide.

Eligibility

Participants must currently be enrolled in middle or high school, or be home-schooled, and less than 19 years of age on February 1, 2023 (the date the contest opened for entries). No exceptions!

The contest is open to all otherwise eligible students worldwide regardless of nationality, citizenship, or country of residence.

You are strongly advised to read all the rules and advice for participants!

For more information, visit https://www.hennet.org/contest.php