Act out your future

Club Focus: Theatre Production Club

The Theater Clubs teaches students how to expand their creativity on campus

Students who have a dream of being discovered in the field of acting, those who like to perform or even build sets, and also those who just like to be part of a supportive community are encouraged to join Armijo Theatre Productions Club.

Years ago, it was just known as the Drama Club, but when Ms. Sheena Beeson took over the club, it went a little further and earned a new name. 

Armijo Theatre Productions meets every Wednesday at lunch in T-2, the Black Box Theater. Despite its current name, it is not limited to theatre production. There are  many ways to participate, even for those who are not actors. Some students work behind the scenes and then attend the theater events. Others just go to the club meetings once a week for entertainment and making friends. If you are interested in working on the school’s productions, a play in the fall and a musical in the spring, the club meetings (and their social media pages @armijotheatre) are where you will find all the information you need about them.  

Putting on shows after school is only part of the package. Students can also enjoy Improv Hour after school every other Friday, where individuals can play silly games and practice their creativity, or simply enjoy as an audience member. (The next one will be held on October 21st.) This club is a good outlet for students to build confidence and develop their self-esteem. While a lot of the club’s members get very involved in the clubs, some just enjoy being around a good group of people. 

Students who want to join the Armijo Theatre Productions can drop by T-2 at lunch on Wednesdays and add them on social media, @armijotheatre. Those who want to participate in the Improv Hour can go every other Friday after school. Many of the people at one meeting can also be found at the other, and most likely they will be smiling. All club events are open to anyone on campus, regardless of their membership in the club.  Armijo Theatre Productions is an inclusive club that prides itself on supporting fun and creativity for all students on campus.