Teacher Feature: Ms. Daniels

Ms. Daniels has been teaching here at Armijo for only one year. She started teaching at Armijo this academic year; October 2016. She teaches only PE at Armijo. She coached the men’s varsity soccer team, also taught PE at Grange Middle School, and 2nd grade all subjects in San Antonio, TX.  

She graduated from Will C. Wood high school, in Vacaville California. She went to Junior College in Arizona, transferred to Grambling State University in Louisiana, and earned her Masters at Florida International University, in Miami, FL. Beside teaching she coached college soccer at three different universities prior to becoming a teacher.

Her hobbies is playing soccer. She loves soccer and she plays and watches it as much as she can. She also loves walking her dog who is a Husky, and she’s crazy. For Ms. Daniels her friends and family are super important to her and she try to spend as much as time as she can with them.

She became a teacher because she loves being able to be a positive part in each student’s day. She said “I believe the youth is very special and I hope that each of my students understand how special they truly are.” And the advice she would recommend for students considering going into teaching is “If you want to make a difference and enjoy working with youth, teaching is perfect for you. Try new things all the time and be open and flexible to each day, and what it may bring.”

One thing about Armijo she would change would be Facilities, she believes if a school is well equipped and beautiful it positively improves the overall atmosphere of the campus.