Students Give Back

Students give back

By Abby Vigil

Staff writer

Every year Armijo has one of the greatest Teacher Appreciation weeks to celebrate Armijo’s staff and all they have done for the students at Armijo. Many students were boasting about how amazing teacher appreciation week is and what it does for them, since the students were mainly the ones appreciating the teachers.

Some of the festivities that went on during the week were: the teacher luncheon, the teacher breakfast, the teacher posters that were gifted to all of the staff, the teacher wishes were fulfilled throughout the week from students of the leadership class, a lunchtime activity on trivia for students against the staff and many teachers received various gifts and kind words from their students throughout the week of March 13-March 17.

Many students were a huge part of this week, because they see and appreciate the kind of teachers that we have on campus. “My favorite part about teacher appreciation week was just reminding all of our teachers how much they mean to us and how we appreciate them a lot. “To be apart of this week made me very happy just to see their faces at the luncheon or when they received a poster.” explained  Kaylin Lam, one of the juniors in charge of the week.

Another junior, Awesta Elfar, also in charge of putting on the week’s festivities shared, “It was a really great opportunity for me to experience going above and beyond for my teachers. I have always admired and respect them so much, so seeing their reactions to us showing our appreciation in the simplest ways was very rewarding.”

Many teachers have confirmed that this was one of the best weeks of their school
year. Teacher Appreciation week may be over, but it’s never too late to show your gratitude to your teachers throughout the rest of the school year, Armijo would be nowhere without our hardworking staff.