Deadline for sign-ups: May 7

Tradition continues for Class of 2021

Photo by Taelynn Christopher on Unsplash

Sign up today to experience annual tradition in May.

We have some things planned for seniors to have some closure on this crazy year, the first of which is giving them an opportunity to leave their mark on Armijo.

In May, seniors will have a chance to paint their senior squares! While they can do this with a group of friends, we had to get creative to follow COVID guidelines. In an email sent to seniors from Mr. Casey Towner on April 26 is a Google Doc explaining how the process will work.

Essentially, students can sign up for a square with up to eight people, but no more than four will be allowed to work on the square at a time and, depending on which square, it might be as few as two. This is an effort to keep participants distanced and SAFE!

There will be between four and eight days available in May to come and paint, so that everyone will have an opportunity!

Some important details:

1) ONE person in the group will sign up using the Google Form shared on the April 26 email. Make sure to spell all names on the form correctly

2) Each senior will only be able to paint one square/be in one group, so students are encouraged to choose wisely and make sure to communicate!

3) While there are multiple options, ultimately Mr. Towner is going to assign squares in order to accommodate as many seniors as possible and give everyone the best experience possible!

4) Groups must provide their own paint and brushes, but the squares will be primed already (painted white).

5) Participating seniors will enter campus at the gate near the front office. This will be the only location and only students that are painting that day will be on the list.

Sign up Options: Students will fill out the Google Form shared in the email from Mr. Casey Towner on April 26. You will choose which type of square you (and your group members) want. Only one member of the groups should submit the Google Form and then Mr. Towner will contact whomever submitted it, letting him or her know which days will be available to paint the square.

Option #1 (4-8 people): You will get a square that is about 8 ft x 8 ft. You can have four people come and paint at the same time while keeping safely distanced. If you want five to eight people involved in the square painting, some students will have to come on alternate days. If you have four people and sign up for this option, you may be redistributed to option #2 due to other signups with more than four people.

Option #2 (2-4 people): You will get a square that is about 4 ft x 4 ft. You can only have two people come and paint at the same time while keeping distanced. If you want four people involved with these squares then you will have to alternate days that you come.

Option #3 (Unique squares): There are two squares for large groups of up to 10  people but no more than four students will be able to paint at one time on those squares. There are also some small squares available if a student wanted an individual square.

While we do want to accommodate and allow all seniors to leave their mark after a tough year, we also are working hard to ensure that all students stay safe through the process. 

As always if you have questions please email Mr. Casey Towner at [email protected].