Class officer election scheduled for November

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

Freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors will choose who leads their classes.

At the end of last year, Associated Student Body Officers were elected, but COVID-19 prevented the completion of Class Officer elections. After much planning, those elections are scheduled to take place in November, where students will vote for the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer of their individual class.

“I am going to have each officer create a bio – a one-page google doc with information – and a 2-minute speech video that will be posted by email and social media,” said Leadership adviser Mr. Casey Towner. Students will then have an opportunity to vote.

Homecoming is another event that traditionally takes place in the fall, but has been affected by COVID-19, so the Leadership class is creating a Homestaying Court instead. “Students will vote on kings, queens, princes and princesses,” said Mr. Towner. We will deliver crowns and goody bags to the Homestaying Court, similar to those treats the Homecoming winners receive. A date and additional activities for the week are currently being planned.

We are trying to adapt and do some drive in/drive thru events,” said Mr. Towner. We are still concerned about the idea of students being in the same space and getting out of cars and what not, so we are holding off.”

Other ideas in the works include making videos and hosting virtual events such as karaoke night, lip sync battle, and student/staff trivia nights.