Sibling Spotlight: Cabugwas Brothers

december-2016-sibling-spotlight-cabguwas-2 december-2016-sibling-spotlight-cabguwas-3 december-2016-sibling-spotlight-cabguwas-1

Ever wonder what it’s like to have to have your siblings go to the same school? Jay-R, Syver, and Sol Angelo are the three Cabugwas brothers who currently attend Armijo High School. The Cabugwas family not only stops here, but extends to Fairfield high where they have three cousins, one of which is 15 years and the other two are 16 years. Because of the brothers’ closeness in age, they have also attended the same elementary school, Dan O. Root. When asked about the pros and cons on having to share the campus with each other, all answered that there was no problem. When they are on the same campus, they said the best part was that they can help each other when they need it and are able to meet more people. Since they are in different grades, they do not have the same classes but people still know that they are brothers, despite the lack of similarities in appearances.

Being siblings doesn’t mean that they share all interest with one another. Jay-R enjoys photography and hiking while Sol Angelo plays online games and is involved in marching band. Syver, on the other hand, is more laid back. He casually plays the acoustic when he’s not kicking back watching a good movie or playing a game. Also, he works out and visits his cousins on his spare time. When describing himself, Syver says that he is a warm hearted person that doesn’t give up when things get hard and gives everything his all, “especially for her ◕‿◕.”

Even though they are siblings, they have their own plans for the future. They all plan to go to different colleges from one another and pursue their own goals in life. Jay-R is a senior so he already planned on going to DVC community college and wants to be a computer engineer. Syver is just a grade lower but he already knows that he wants to go to college and strive for a scientific career. Since Sol Angelo is only a freshman, he hasn’t put much thought of what he wants to do after high school. Though their difference, they still care for one another. They try not to go into each other’s business, but when push comes to shove, they’ve got each other’s backs.